Monday 23 December 2013

Britney Spears' Candid Confessions: From Her Favorite Gum To Loving Sex


Spears takes fans inside her life and Sin City show during 'I Am Britney Jean.'

With only four days until Britney Spears takes the stage for the first night of her two-year Las Vegas residency "Piece of Me," the 32-year-old singer showed fans her preparation during her E! special, "I Am Britney Jean."
The special gave fans an in-depth look at the singer's professional life and adds some candid confessions from the pop princess.

"I Am Britney Jean" focused on the four months in the lead-up to the big Vegas debut, which will reportedly be attended by Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus. Fans saw photo shoots, costume fittings, creative meetings, dancer auditions, rehearsals and video shoots for "Work Bitch" and "Perfume." And for those who haven't seen it yet, you might be surprised to see how hands-on she is throughout the process.
When Spears isn't busy working, she's trying to balance her work with family. So, what did we learn about Spears from watching "I Am Britney Jean"? MTV News has rounded up her biggest reveals.
Sweetie Pie
Britney eats sweets frequently throughout the special, including cupcakes and Skittles. In fact, the documentary opens up with Spears sharing her favorite flavor of bubblegum. She said, "Watermelon. Watermelon bubblegum, man, it's the best. It's so good."
Who Is Britney Jean?
Spears reiterates several times in the special just how shy she can be and how hard that makes it to be a celebrity. But, she shares how she copes with the pressures of fame.
"When I first started out, I didn't care what anybody thought of me, I was just happy to be there," she said. "I was like, 'This is great,' but then 10 years later I realized 'Oh my god, there's like a lot of mean things on the Internet.' But before the naiveté in the whole thing was kind of brilliant because it was like you can't really control what people think, so you can't really worry about what people think and that attitude really is the one to have," she said.
Frisky!
Spears' current boyfriend, David Lucado, appears in the special several times, including during a Thanksgiving family dinner. She calls him "a simple guy. He's funny. He's passionate; he gets what I do, it works out."
However, David might want to take note of what Spears shared during another part of the documentary. "I love sex. I think sex is great," she said. "But I feel a little different about it now that I'm older. Sometimes I feel like I'm 20 and then sometimes I feel like I'm 50."
Britney Spears - "Work B**ch"
Britney's Meaning Of Life
Spears allows fans to see what her relationship with David looks like, also sharing her philosophies on love.
"Love is just an unexplainable thing and there's a saying that I have in my bathroom in Louisiana. It says 'Go beyond reason to love, for it's the only safety there is.' And it's true, you should always go beyond reason to love and to be with the person you want to be with and to be cherished and to be treasured," she said. "I think it's why we're here as people."
Only Heaven Knows
During a shoot, Spears dresses up like an angel, segueing into a segment about her spiritual beliefs. "I believe there's definitely other forces out there other than us; angels, guardians, protectors," she said. "I definitely believe in heaven. I believe there is a place beyond our wildest dreams."
Sin City Surprises
Spears' shows officially kick off Friday. So, what should fans expect? "It's kind of tough because the fans want a certain selection of songs to hear from me, like the old hits and stuff. I have to keep it fresh for me to do the show," she said of adding some of her newer tracks to the set list. But she did explain why she chose her 2007 Blackout single to name the show after.
"I think 'Piece of Me' is popular because it's such a personal song. It's a combination of everything. It's kind of a dark period but now I look at this song from a different angle [as a confident superstar]."
What's Next?
While prepping for the Vegas gig, Spears wants to try to fit her William Orbit-produced track, "Alien," into the set list. When it's impossible to make that happen due to time constraints, she settles on adding it later on, confirming it's her album's next single. "My inspiration for the song was you kind of alienate yourself from the world and you kind of feel alone," she said about the track. "And that's why the song's talking about not doing that."
Britney Spears - "Perfume (Official)"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

details

Popular Posts

Designed ByBlogger Templates